December 17, 2012

MUSIC MONDAY with MARNI + JAMES



I'm happy to welcome my dear friends {and one of my favorite couples}, Marni + James, to the blog today.  Marni + James are both Ohio natives who now live in Brooklyn, and they wear a lot of black.  Below are their individual playlists.  Remember... it's not a competition, guys. {Who are we kidding, of course it is!}

Marni 
1.  Ryan Adams // Come Pick Me Up
2.  Jesse Malin // Brooklyn
3.  The Weakerthans // Aside
4.  Regina Spektor // That Time
5.  Ryan Adams // Hotel Chelsea Nights
6.  Heartless Bastards // All This Time
7.  Kings Of Leon // Manhattan
8.  The National // All The Wine
9.  Kings Of Leon // Notion
10.  A.A. Bondy // When The Devil's Loose
11.  Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit // Cigarettes and Wine
12.  The Avett Brothers // I And Love And You
13.  The Damnwells // I Will Keep The Bad Things From You


If Marni seems familiar, it's because she's been a L+R Style Muse {or I suppose there might be numerous other reasons... like you're reading this because you're friends with her}.  If you haven't seen her Style Muse post, you can check it out here.  A little about the playlist theme, from Marni, "The beginning of the list includes songs I saw performed in concerts here in NYC before I lived here.  Others are songs that have played a part in my New York story.  For example, "Hotel Chelsea Nights" is an older song, but represents my decision to finally move to NYC after my visit here when I stayed in the Chelsea Hotel.

Click here to listen to Marni's fabulous playlist.


>>>>   <<<<

James
1.  Ty Segall // Thank God for Sinners
2.  The Men // Animal
3.  Call Of The Wild // Choked Out
4.  Metz // Get Off
5.  Thee Oh Sees // Wax Face
6.  FIDLAR // No Ass
7.  The Orwells // Painted Faces and Long Hair
8.  Dinosaur Jr. // Watch the Corners
9.  Jeff The Brotherhood // Staring At The Wall
10.  Japandroids // The Nights of Wine and Roses
11.  King Tuff // Stranger

Since James hasn't been a Style Muse on L+R before {although he really should be}, which means you're just meeting him, here is a little about the bearded man...  I went to college with him, but we didn't become friends until we both lived in Chicago. He knows more about fashion than me, more about music than I could ever dream to know, and is the biggest Rick Owens fan in the world.  He is a digital producer / project manager in the advertising industry... I sort of know what that means, and I know it is cool.

Click here to listen to James' playlist, consisting of "all tracks that were released this year and will rock your face off."

Thank you, Marni + James!

1 comment: