March 28, 2012

DAINTY LITTLE THINGS

I'm partial to chunky jewelry {as shown here}, but lately I'm drawn to these simple, skinny bands - stacked and worn on multiple fingers. I tried a few thin gold rings at the Artists and Fleas when we were in NYC, but walked away without any... and so wish I hadn't left empty handed {no pun intended}. 


I also love it when I seen these thin bands worn as first knuckle rings {also known as memory rings or tea rings}. I would love to try this, but I'm a bit worried the first time I wash my hands - the ring will go right down the drain. If I take the plunge, I'll let you know how long I have it before I lose it!

{photo credits / links to purchase rings in images 2 + 4} 
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 /


There are a lot of options available for these rings right now. Catbird in NYC has a great selection; although, some of them are a bit pricey. Etsy is always a wonderful place to support independent artists and get a good deal all at once; It is where I plan on making any future purchases of this sort.


{Catbird alphabet rings}



{via this Etsy shop / set of three - hammered, mixed metal rings}

4 comments:

  1. i love the twig ring and the rings with the flat tops. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with these skinny gold rings! - love your round up of images

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laurels, I think those are my favs, too!
    @Kate, me too! Thank you for the compliment, and thank you for reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have almost lost my first knuckle one that I bought with you multiple times! Have had to retrieve from trash at my parents'. Lol. If you want anything from Artists and Fleas, let me know!

    ReplyDelete