August 3, 2012

HONEY ROSE & K

Meredith Piccin is the owner and designer behind Honey Rose & K Modage Baubles {and I'm also lucky enough to call her a friend}. 

A little snippet about how HR&K came to be - After following a career path that included visual merchandising and wardrobe consulting, Meredith realized her true passions: vintage finds and design. She combined the two to create Honey Rose & K. Meredith scours flea markets, antique stores, and thrift stores for hidden gems. She then repurposes and redesigns them to be modern pieces with a vintage + whimsical twist. Meredith also sews vintage scarves together to create these beautiful infinity scarves below.

I have a serious obsession with jewelry, vintage, and well... vintage jewelry. So Hr&K is right up my alley. Honey Rose & K is named after Meredith's Grandmother, Honey, who studied fashion design and worked for years as a window dresser in NYC.


This week I made a visit to Meredith's home to take the above photos. Can you tell I liked that blue + green tassel necklace? Meredith could tell, and she very generously gifted it to me! Thank you, M!
Meredith and her hubby {and their two beautiful children} are in the midst of a home renovation right now, but when it's done I will be sharing photos of their home and Meredith's new studio. I can't wait. You can't wait! Trust me... her home is full of wonderful finds. It is curated with that same eye that scours for vintage jewelry, and has that same mix of vintage + modern.


{photos above snagged from HR&K's instagram}

To get a jump on the rest of the ladies, make sure to follow HR&K on Instagram {honeyrosek}, Twitter, and Facebook. Meredith posts her new pieces, and they sometimes sell fresh off her work table {seen below}!  You can also shop HR&K on Etsy, and locally at Rowe Boutique and Thread.

Honey Rose & K has been featured on Pop Sugar, popular blog - I Spy Diy, and in Teen Vogue; as well as numerous local magazines. Go get em, Meredith!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends! I'm going to attempt to wrangle the Mr. into taking me to the Ohio State fair. I'll let you know if I was successful.



3 comments:

  1. wow.... so many pieces I would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work Meredith!! I cant wait to get my hands on my new necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! As you know, I'm obsessed with HR+K. My jewelry box is full of it! So cool that two people from different parts of my life are now friends. Small, fabulous world.

    ReplyDelete