August 7, 2012

COUPLE STYLE - AT HOME WITH CLAIRE & ADAM


Names:  Claire & Adam Lowe {Mochi, Emma and Ollie}
Location:  Clintonville, Columbus, Ohio
Years lived in:  1 year
Claire & Adam got married this summer {Congratulations, newlyweds!}, and have lived in their house for just one year. I can't imagine moving in, and accomplishing what they have, in the midst of planning a wedding. Their home is full of vintage, modern, quirky and personal touches. It is a fabulous reflection of their personal style. They were so sweet to welcome me into their home, for L+R's inaugural home feature.


Besides the pics of the couple {which were taken by moi}, all photos were oh-so-graciously taken by AdamHe is a professional photographer, so I decided to "leave it to the professional" for your viewing pleasure! I had a really hard time narrowing down the photos, so there is a link to the full gallery as your reward for scrolling to the bottom.

Claire's shoe collection {and closet} is the best I have ever seen. I could have spent a lot of time in there... sigh. A recent addition was a vintage Pendleton poncho that she found while honeymooning in San Francisco. 


Meet Claire & Adam.
{In the words of Claire}

L+R:  How did you two meet?  
We met almost four years ago at my birthday party through a mutual friend, but we were both in other relationships at the time.  We started hanging out a lot as friends, but we didn't actually start dating until about a year later.

L+R:  How did Adam propose?  
I came home from work one day and he told me he had a present for me.  I expected something small like a cat figurine, so I was super confused when he handed me a box containing a brand new MacBook!  Then, he told me to open it up because he had uploaded some photos of our dog, Mochi, on the computer.  When I opened the computer, there was a "Will you marry me?" message on the screen and he had dropped to one knee!  So, I got a beautiful ring (my great-grandmother's) and a new laptop in the same day...doesn't get much better than that!

L+R:  What house projects have you done & what is still on your TO DO list?  
We have finished painting the rooms on the second floor of the house, but we have many more painting projects planned.  I hate painting, but the end result is just so satisfying!  Next up on the list is Adam's office.  Also, we have a ridiculous amount of artwork that is just sitting around the house, waiting for us to frame and hang it.  And the closet!  I can't wait to get rid of all the clutter and transform it into the vision I have in my head.

L+R:  What are your favorite house finds?  
Adam's fav find - a Vintage Louis Vuitton suitcase (found in an antique shop in Astoria, Oregon)
Claire's fav find- the prints of animals wearing clothing in our bathroom (found at the Columbus Independents' Day Festival). The artist's Etsy shop is Berkley Illustration

L+R:  Your pets names and ages?  
Mochi (Boston terrier) - 2 years old
Emma (black cat) - 6 years old
Ollie (black & white cat) - 6 years old

L+R:  Tell us a little about Adam's band & photography.  
Adam's band's name is The Black Antler, which he started in 2009 with his friend Alex.  They play metal/hardcore music and practice in our basement (the cats hate it!).  As for photography, he mainly shoots weddings, but he also loves to shoot anything fashion or music related. 

L+R:  And a little about what you are doing & want to do? 
I am currently working as a sales associate and blogger at Rowe.  Working on the blog is so much fun because it combines my love of fashion and the Internet.  In the future, I would love to be able to find a full time job that also incorporates fashion and social media.



Click HERE to see the expanded gallery of Claire & Adam's hip home!

Thanks, Claire & Adam! 


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog today. Love Clair and Adams' home. Very Cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete