March 4, 2013

ON THE HUNT: NEW BOYFRIEND JEANS

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  A few of our friends were in town for a comedy show.  The show was great and afterward we made moscow mules, had a fire, and stayed up late (later than this old gal has been up in a long time).  It was pretty perfect, and so nice to catch up with friends.

I couldn't come up with a clever way to transition into today's topic... boyfriend jeans.  So, that was my non-transition transition.  The first time they were a "big" thing (about 4 years ago?) I snatched up a cheap pair at forever 21, and I wore them all the time.  Gradually they sort of made their way to the bottom of my jean stack.  Recently boyfriend jeans are having a resurgence - and that is just fine with me.  I love the laid back, undone look they add to any outfit.  I just need to update my old pair, so I'm on the hunt.


The newest style I have seen is a bit more straight leg and cropped (the two images below).  I suppose you might not even call them "boyfriend jeans".  Either way, I really like them.  They're a bit more classic, and feel fresh and new. 

(image source: one | two | three | four | five | six)

Below are a few options I've come across in my search for a new pair.  And I use the word "options" loosely because some of these are too pricey to actually be options.  I really am liking the more straight, less baggy, cropped without having to be rolled style.  I also like it when they are at least a bit distressed.  

What do you think?  Did you jump on board with this trend the first time around?  Are you now?

(Gap $69.75 // Asos $59 // Genetic Denim $231 // NSF $298 // J. Crew $168 // 7 For All Mankind $225)

2 comments:

  1. It's always skinny, skinny, skinny here in San Francisco so this post was a breathe of fresh air! It even inspired me to put on my boyfriend jeans today (Nudies bought eons ago). Boyfriend jeans are so comfy I don't know why they sit in the back of my closet - although I should have them hemmed because I'm sporting a pretty thick roll right now just to get them above my ankle boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment, Brenda! :) SO glad it inspired you to dig them out! And I totally understand what you mean by the thick roll! haha! That's how my old pair are, too!

      Delete