August 31, 2012

LIEBSTER AWARDS

This evening, as I was eating my subway and drinking a glass of wine in my hotel room {don't judge}, I saw that I was mentioned in a tweet.  A tweet from this lovely lady, Melissa Clift of Lissa Rose Photography, nominating me for a Liebster Award.  Liebster Award, you ask?  I asked, too.  

I found a lot of different explanations for what it was {and the origin}, but this one had the best explanation.  Basically it is sort of like a chain letter, a blogger to blogger award.  Most of the explanations I found said you nominate 5 bloggers {although it has morphed into 11} with less than 200 readers {started as 3,000 readers}, that you think deserve recognition.  Isn't it funny how it changed over time... like a game of telephone.  And how are you supposed to know how many followers a blog has?  Anyway, I was never one to do chain letters, not even as younger gal, but this is too much of a bright spot in my day to ignore.  Melissa, thank you for the nomination.  I sincerely appreciate it... and I'm sorry I'm cheating and doing 5 instead of 11.

Here is how it works:

1. Introduce the blogger who nominated you and link to their site.
2. Post 11  5 things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 5 questions the tagger has set for you.
4. Choose 11 5 blogs and link to them in your post (and let them know you've nominated them).
5. Post 11 5 questions for your nominees.





5 things you don't know about me:

1.  I have a small dot in the iris of my left eye {it's called a freckle... seriously}.
2.  My favorite cocktail is a vodka dirty martini with blue cheese olives {and I had the best one on our honeymoon at Squeeze Bar}.
3.  I lick my lips when I'm concentrating, and so I often have chapped lips {weird, huh?}.
4.  My favorite {now cancelled} tv shows are were Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Felicity, and Alias.
5.  I collected Unicorns when I was little {figurines and pictures, not real ones}, and I have always loved horses.

11 questions from Melissa:

1. Why did you start blogging?  
I wanted a creative outlet... a place to share my point of view.  And I've always enjoyed writing.

2. What is your most favorite thing to do?  
Spend time with my husband, family, and friends. 
And day drink {it's up there}

3. What is your most favorite piece of clothing?  
This is really hard and I can't pick one piece... my Yigal Azrouel leather jacket, my Minnetonka Mocs, my green anorak jackets, my Cut25 blazer, a few vintage maxi skirts, my GAP jean shirt from 1997.

4. What is your favorite book and why? 
Again, impossible to pick one. I love to read. A few {and I'm certain I'm forgetting some because I'm not home to look at my bookshelf}: The Notebook, The Time Travelers Wife, The Confessions of Max Tivolli, the Harry Potter series... 

5. How do you relax?
I have a hard time relaxing. I'm always doing two things at once. But, what immediately jumps to mind is the ocean... the water. I am always relaxed when I'm at the beach, or even just outside in nature.

6. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Ahh! I'm cheating so much, but again - I can't pick one! When we got our golden retriever, Belle... when my Dad and I would practice Softball and go for walks in the woods, back-to-school shopping with my Mom, Cedar Point and Lake Erie as a family, many memories of playing with my sister.  

7. If you could be one celebrity, who would it be {doesn't need to be living}?
I wouldn't want to be anyone else, but wouldn't mind having some of the things they have! I like Rachel McAdams a lot... Kate Bosworth, Michelle Williams, Kate Hudson {who I've met!}, Kate Winslet, Rachel Bilson, Jennifer Aniston... I know I'm forgetting people, but I guess that's ok since I was only supposed to pick one!  

8. What is your dream job?
This is always changing... to own a vintage/new mixed boutique, to be a rockstar or famous writer, design clothes or shoes {and my line would make size 10 1/2!}. I really just want to be doing something creative that makes me happy, and make enough money to travel wherever we want to go whenever we want to.  Not asking a lot, right?

9. Because I love some awkward, what is the oddest thing you do?  
I might have to ask my husband to answer this one.  What do I do, honey?  I mix ketchup into leftover mac and cheese {it's so good!}.

10. Because I love some awesome, what do you consider "awesome"? 
Hmm... I use that word a lot - a lot. I think people who aren't afraid to be themselves are awesome.   

11. What is your favorite mascara {because I am a lifelong search for the perfect one}?
I am also on the same search, but past loves have included the good ole Maybelline pink tube with green lid, and Dior Waterproof {for my wedding}.

I nomiate the following blogs:

I am sad to say there aren't many blogs I read with less than 200 {or even 3,000 followers, if you go by the original Liebster rules}.  I am going to make it a goal {when we get back from Portland} to find some smaller blogs I enjoy... some folks who have wonderful things to say and might appreciate a pat on the back {because I know I did}. I can think of 2 or 3 at this moment, but I promise to have 5 to nominate at a later date.  Thank you again, Melissa!



No comments:

Post a Comment