March 22, 2012

UNPLUGGED

Hello there, friends. Do you sometimes miss the days of no social media? Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my need to just unplug. Unplug from my laptop and my phone... from facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter, etc. Don't get me wrong - I am not putting those things down or the people that use them; that would make me a total hypocrite. I'm simply saying... for someone that gets overwhelmed easily {that would be me} sometimes keeping up with all of those outlets after a long day at work is just too much.

When the Mr. and I went to see Steve Rannazzisi at the Funny Bone last weekend, he started out by making fun of someone who was on her phone - "Put down your phone and live your life". It was funny. We all laughed, but it stuck with me because it is something I have been thinking a lot about. It's one of the reasons I stopped doing as many "lifestyle" posts; I noticed myself taking pictures of everything we did, and I don't want to view moments through my camera phone {plus the Mr. and I have just been sort of boring lately}.

There are nights {post dinner} when I sit with my laptop on my lap... writing my blog... with the Mr. beside me on his laptop or phone... and then all of the sudden it's time for bed and I feel as if we've barely talked. Do you ever feel like that? I think I need to figure out a new system for blog writing... maybe wake up earlier in the morning? Not ideal, but might be necessary with this gorgeous summer weather we are having!

Check out this site - Unplug your friends, where you can send a Mad Lib type letter to a friend. It made me laugh, and I think it is something we all need to be reminded of once in a while.


2 comments:

  1. oh, i couldnt agree more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dad would like this post!!! I know I did.

    ReplyDelete