October 16, 2012

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Hey there.  How was your weekend?  Our ladies weekend was wonderful.  We made it to eleven wineries, visited one of the gorgeous covered bridges in Ashtabula County, and came home with 31 bottles of wine in the vehicle.  Most importantly, I got to spend quality time with some very special gals in my life.

On the way home to Columbus, I picked up a new floor lamp at World Market.  It was a much needed update to a hand-me-down from my grandmother.  I'd been wanting something sort of mid-century modern, but everything I kept finding was too expensive.  For example, this first lamp below {from Schoolhouse Electric} is my absolute favorite, but WAY north of our budget.  I just want to share what I found in case any of you are in the market... 


The above lamp is our new lamp from World Market.  The quality is great, the linen shade is really pretty, and in a small space - the built in end table is a definite bonus.  It's on sale for $89.99 right now, but I got it home for $64!  Yep.  Almost embarrassed to admit it because I feel like I stole it.  I sound like an advertisement, but if you sign up for a World Market member card {just like Giant Eagle, or any other discount card} you get emails with coupons and flash sales.  I had a friends & family coupon for an additional 25% off, and another coupon for an additional 10%.  Crazyness.  I love you, World Market. 


1 comment: